Revit software is used for building information modelling 3D, 4D modelling, 2D drawings and more. Revit Architecture is one of the essential tools for Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Civil Engineers and Project Managers.
What is Revit?
Revit is developed by Autodesk. Revit is the most popular building information modelling software which is used by architects, structural engineers, MEP engineers, designers and contractors.
Autodesk Revit has 4D BIM capable tools that will help quantity surveyors and project managers to plan and track various stages in the building’s lifecycle, from pre construction to post construction works and maintenance periods.
Are you looking to learn Revit BIM essential and advanced tips and tricks?
PluralSight offers useful and professional video training with materials. You can learn entire courses just $29 for a month.
If you are looking to learn how to use Revit and import AutoCAD files in Revit, these video tutorials will teach every thing you want to learn.
Within a month, you are able to access Plural Sight’s library all courses which include essential construction professional course like MS Excell, MS Project, AutoCAD, Revit, Revit BIM so on.
Revit Architecture 2016 Introduction
Learn about Revit Architecture through self-paced training and video lessons.
If you didn’t use AutoDesk Revit previously, this course will explain everything you want to know about Revit Architecture basic and Building Information Modeling.
The Revit Architecture Introduction course tutor is Pierre Derenoncourt. The course will teach you how to use Revit Architecture as a BIM Platform, three different types of families in Revit and create your first project in Revit.
After Watching this course surely, you can use any Revit Architecture version simply.
- Adding Levels to Your Project
- Creating an In-place Conceptual Mass of a Building
- Manipulating Edges and Faces of a Conceptual Mass
- Massing and Placing Floors into the Revit Model
- Exterior Walls to the Revit Model
- Storefront Curtain Wall Creation
- Roof for the Revit Model
- Roof from the Face of a Conceptual Mass
- Interior Wall Compositions
- Modifying Walls
- Custom Wall Assembly
- Doors into Your Revit Model
- Windows into Your Revit Model
- Adding Fixtures to a Revit Model
- Placing Furniture into a Revit Model
- Subregion of a Toposurface
- Placing Site Components Onto Your Toposurface
- Creating Stairs for the Revit Model
- Railings for the Floor Openings
- Applying Dimensions to a Floor Plan View
- Tagging Windows, Doors, and Walls in a Floor Plan View
- Tagging Material in a Wall Assembly
- Creating a Room Plan and Color Fill Legend
- Section View from the Revit Model
- Creating and Sorting Schedules
- Placing Your Views Onto Sheets
How to Import AutoCAD Files in Revit Software
Revit for AutoCAD Users course will reveal what are similarities and differences between AutoCAD and Revit software and exploring the Revit user interface for beginner users.
You can also learn how to import DWG files from AutoCAD, add levels and floor plan views, drawing walls, a floor in a floor plan view, and add windows, doors, curtain walls, text and dimensions to a floor plan view and elevations.
More over, this course also covers creating simple sloped roofs, building and wall section view, adding dimensions and loading 2D detail components and adding architectural woodwork detail components.
PluralSight’s library has a large number of tutorials so once you signup you can access all course for free. Firstly you signup for a monthly base (cost $29) for the first month, if you think it’s useful for you then continue your subscription.
Surely you will learn some new skills that will help to develop your career.